Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Funny how things happen

I wanted to leave the last post with a dramatic pause. Not sure how that was working out for me. :-) Just being silly.

Even though IVF can be stressful, it can be very rewarding. It is amazing how science can take over and do for us what our bodies cannot.

Update on our IVF cycle. Right now I am 5weeks pregnant. Wow, to write it down after so long is still a little surreal. I know it is still early. I still have faith. We go on the 29th to find how many munchkins are in there and see a heartbeat. I am so excited that I want to scream it from the rooftops. I also know the need to keep it inside for just a little bit longer.

So, the funny part about this is the little things that DH says. He always interjects humor because it defuses my worries (and sometimes anger.) So after the doctor called and told us the good news, he was lying there in bed (playing with the dogs) and looked up at me so seriously. I thought that he was going to say something profound. Nope. He says "So, is it mine?" I looked at him without breaking stride and said, "Truthfully, I don't know. I don't even know if it is mine." Of course, we were being silly but we are at the will of the clinic.

I wanted to post that because there are silly moments that come up. I will forget them if I don't write them down. So why not share, right?

No comments: